Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recycling




Even though I have made a LOT of jewelery over these past months, I really haven't bought as many new beads as you might think.
Since I am a thrift store addict, I have simply added yet another item to my list of stuff I'm always looking for. Old necklaces (even ugly ones) often have at least few nice beads on them.

I have also been given a lot of beads. Old jewelery, unused beads etc. One of my favorite gifts has been a bag of old macrame beads of my mom's. Some of them are HUGE and challenging to string but most of them are just plain...awesome!

The necklace on the left was made for a friend who drew me a picture of what she wanted. She also requested that I use her pendant and that I come up with something to put on the other end. I ended up using yet another macrame bead to complete this piece! What will I do when I run out?

The second necklace is made mostly of macrame beads and seed beads. The big wooden bead in the middle is my favourite. I have another one....hmmm...what to do with it????








2 comments:

  1. Those old macrame beads bring back some old memories of jute strung out across the living room floor and a certain "hanging creation" that decorated our living room for many years until Nancy traded for it as part of our aquisiton of the plaid couch, chair, and 'coffee table'set! Also do you remember me dying the jute different colors? LOL!
    I love what you are doing with the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's me! I love love love my necklace, just in case I forgot to mention it!

    ReplyDelete