Saturday, November 13, 2010

hmmm....

I have been admiring some blogs lately (esp. http://www.newdressaday.com/!) and thinking maybe I would get back to mine someday. I am a little surprised that JUNE was the last time I posted but I guess that's life. I am thinking that my blog maybe needs more focus. Something I can work on...a theme? (a la New Dress or Julie and Julia ) I am thinking of challenging myself to create something daily, but that's the easy part since I bead (obsessively) daily anyway. So at the risk of being a copy catter... I think I will attempt to create "something from (next to) nothing" each day. Like...new jewellery from old jewellery...or a new _____ from an old _______. I'll fill in the blanks as I go along.

I am hoping to give my creativity a little kick in the pants and also to simply embrace the side of me that loves to scavenge and bargain hunt and rescue things that have been tossed out. Lately I have been feeling like the thrift shopping needs a different focus as well. Certain episodes of "Hoarders" have made me think twice before picking up random items from the Salvation Army and this new plan will help me make good decisions about what to bring home!

So. I am hereby challenging myself to return to my computer tomorrow armed with a photo of something I created out of something else...

night

No comments:

Post a Comment